Thursday, February 2, 2012

Designer I love: Joseph Dirand

Architect Joseph Dirand has long been an inspiration of mine. He designed two of my favorite Mexican hotels, Habita Monterrey and Distrito Capital Mexico. I wouldn't attempt to emulate his spaces exactly, since they are super spare and are showing off the gorgeous architecture and views (that I don't have!)- but I do take away an important lesson that I am trying to put into practice in the future. Fewer and Finer. It's my new motto. In the future I want to really pare down, both in clothing and interiors for myself. Buy fewer things but better things. Well made, beautiful clothing and furniture can last a lifetime. Of course this is easy if you live on a mountain in Mexico and Joseph Dirand is your architect! So, as I said - I am going to try but maybe not succeed! :)
What goals are you moving towards in designing your life?
E





1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so with you on that new philosophy! I've been trying to do same in all aspects. You've really gotten me into white spaces which of course does not work in my house!