Monday, July 4, 2011

Hemnes Hack

Ever since my buddy Erika's nursery reveal, I cannot stop thinking of the Ikea Hemnes chest! The gray stain is so cool and it looks so amazing when you change the knobs, the way she did here:


I think I would do the taller piece in my client's home.  But they both take 12 knobs! I am out for huge impact. I think these white faceted geometric knobs would be amazeballs!


I think brass looks great with gray too, but I would want them to be huge - like 3" diameter flat polished pulls:

I posted before on the agate and jewel pulls. Could be very glam and feminine with the gray stain...these sparkly pyrite ones are $225 each!


These swirly knobs could be cool - but they look a little too young and inexpensive...
Everyone does the classic ring pull. I like the weight and texture of this one.

If I were doing the chest in a super fancy room, I would love to try these quartz pulls from Carl Martinez.


And at the end of the day, I have been known to throw a lucite knob on almost anything. It always works. What is your favorite knob or pull? Please send me some unusual ones - I love discovering new hardware. Have a great week!
E


5 comments:

Miss Marinelle said...

Omgoodness! I love the knobs you shared!! I'm doing an IKea Rast hack right now and have chosen those round pull knobs. Can't wait to see you Hemnes hack.

Unknown said...

Oh my what great choices!

Unknown said...

Um hello these are awesome! I think the geometric ones are my favorite - so unique and would really pop off the gray.

Always a fan of brass and/or Lucite, however!

Lonely Wife Project said...

That's definitely one of my favorite rast hacks! I love brass or lucite knobs.

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

Quartz pulls please!! I love how just a simple knob can completely transform a dresser.