Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Elizabeth Taylor RIP

I always felt connected to Elizabeth Taylor. I had an obsession with old movies in high school, and loved her in Cleopatra, Butterfield 8, and National Velvet. But when I ran away to Puerto Vallarta at 19, I realized that she had lived there, too. She gave the town it's fame, when she accompanied Richard Burton to film The Night of the Iguana. They lived in PV for many years, in Casa Kimberley. I have toured the house, actually two houses on opposite sides of the street, with a pink bridge connecting them. What a great idea for spouses who were known for their passionate battles as well as passionate lovemaking. Every time I introduced myself as Elizabeth, an older local would say, "Elizabeth Taylor", for her name meant everything to the people there.
She was a great beauty and a great personality and will be missed.
E





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Today we lost an American icon :(